Shorter post today since I need to get up early tomorrow for the RISE tech conference (I’m part of the volunteer team that does registration, it will be my 3rd year taking part) I’ll probably post some stuff about it later when it begins in earnest (tomorrow is just for the people setting up their booths and stuff) so look out for that in the future!
Can’t believe that I have been blogging for nearly 30 days so far, not quite sure what I will do after I complete this challenge. Probably continue posting here, albeit MUCH less frequently, maybe once every two weeks or so, though that depends on how much interesting stuff is happening with my life and how much free time I can devote to this.
I’m at around 130 words right now, so to pad this thing out, I’m just going to add a few more sentences about random things that comes to mind.
- Game of thrones season 7 is coming out soon, I haven’t read the book series yet, but it’s on my “to read list”
- Still thinking about next sem of college! (both the classes and exchange stuff)
- Should have not used contractions in the bit above, but going back and editing them out now feels like cheating..
- I wonder how many notable works in history were improved upon by their author attempting to meet some arbitrary word count. Probably not many, but still.
- Actually, was writing things by word count even a thing before the advent of modern word processors? I mean page count I understand, but word count?
- Oh and before that, did they do it by physical text length ala Harry Potter (side note, now that I think about it, a foot of parchment is like one side of an A4 piece of paper… that’s nothing for secondary school! why do the characters complain so much about it then? That isn’t that much, especially considering you can just write larger since the paper isn’t lined or anything..)
And on that random note, a few final words…
Nitwit! Blubber! Oddment! Tweak!
(Oh and for the curious, I’m a Hufflepuff aka the best house ever! 😛 )