So its already the end of October and I still haven’t gotten around to making that October goal post yet…
The punny goal name I was thinking of was “Braving and Overcoming Obstacles in October” or Booo!👻 for short ( in honor of Halloween of course) but:
a) that is super cheesy.., like wow…
b) it turns out that I spent so much of my time overcoming said obstacles (ie mountains of midterms, EOSA things, tutoring intensity, first ecology field course etc) that I never really got around to making that goal post in the first place
So this monthly goal update post is more of a “Task Completed, (though with mixed success)! Moving on”
Now normally around this time I would be planning for Nanowrimo (National Novel Writing Month) – aka where you attempt to write 50,000 words in November (1,667 words a day) in a quantity over quality, zeroth draft just get it on paper kind of novel writing.
But honestly? I’ve got bigger fish to fry, mainly with exchange preparations and final exam preparations.
I know November is a bit early to start, especially for me, but I really need to tackle these tough classes now before they overwhelm me in December.
So instead this will be a bit like Fall Post a Day blog challenge, with a post a day about what I am doing/learned/studying etc, though upping the anty to 500 words a day for a total of over 15,000 by the end of the month.
👩⚖️🎓Rules to make this more official:📝📚
- 500 words a day for each day of November
- There is no regulation about where I write to meet the word count, provided it is not required for class work – i.e. if I write 500 words for my official website/cv page, that counts, but notes or lab reports for classes don’t
- Posts don’t need to be well edited, just typed out and published
- Topics can be chosen ahead of time and partially typed out as long as at least 100 words were written on the day the post is published.
- Quotes and the like don’t count in the word count – aka I can’t just post a poem as my 500 words since that I kinda plagiarism and cheating
So yeah, the theme (subject? target?) for November is “Study Notes! Part revision, Part writing, All in preparation for December”
… Yeah not really good with coming up with names for these things, but hey practicality over style is more important on this front.
so that is all for now! See you in November